Re: [Tigers] Should I buy a Tiger?

To: hubrick@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Should I buy a Tiger?
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 19:27:57 -0400 (EDT)
You definitely wouldn't be able to restore it for $22,500.

In a message dated 4/9/2011 6:24:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hubrick@gmail.com writes:

Hello  Tiger Owners,
I have stumbled upon a basket case Mark I Tiger that I have  the opportunity
to buy. It spent its first few years in New York and  Pennsylvania where it
was exposed to salty roads before moving to  California. The windshield was
pulled off in 1984 and it has sat since  then, the interior has been exposed
to the elements, the bottom of the  fenders and door on the one side of the
car I can access are full of rot,  and curling up my fingers below them
reveals a holy crumbly rocker  panel.  It has original paint, and except for
a little ding in the  back, it's a straight car.The owner is a 2nd owner
who's had it since 66. I  wrote down the VIN to look it up.  I looked at the
listing of  registered Tigers and it's not on the list, but the number fits
neatly in  the online list.  The owner is happy to sell it cheaply to  have
someone restore it, but it seems to me getting it free may be too  expensive
considering it's condition.  I believe it to be an authentic  Tiger based on
the guy's ownership story.  Any idea what it might be  worth in the
condition
it's in?  It seems to me if I really want a  Tiger, I'd be much better off
buying the one for sale in Hemmings for  $22,500.  Any  opinions?
Cheers,
Rick