[Tigers] throw out bearing help? long or short style?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] throw out bearing help? long or short style?
From: Cullen McCann <clarkwgriswold2nd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:16:57 -0500
Good afternoon friends of the list.this is not specifically Tiger related
but I suppose it could be. I am running a 4 speed toploader ford behind a
351 windsor based motor in another project.and I installed the clutch and
Lakewood scattershield, etc..with the clutch fork, and the "throw" or
distance that the fork can disengage the clutch is WAY to short.it would
need to move a lot farther two disengage the clutch and before It can, it
bottoms out against the opening of the scattershield. I didn't know it at
the time but I understand now that there are two different sizes of throw
out bearing depths?

If I had the short bearing ( and it was short, about the depth of a hockey
puck..or an inch or less..) the geometry of what im looking at suggests it
behave this way.

What application or description would lead me towards a long style throwout
bearing?

Hope im making sense.ugh.

Thanks!!

Cullen