Re: [Tigers] FW: Charging problem

To: "'Kirk Smith'" <twotigers@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Charging problem
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:56:39 -0400
Kirk
        The purpose of polarizing a generator is to put a little magnetism
into the field coils.  You do that by touching the field and battery wires
momentarily.   I don't see how touching the Arm wire to the Bat wire can put
energy through the field coils to create magnetism.

I'll stick with touching the FLD wire to Bat if I ever work on a Ford
generator system again.

Ron Fraser