Re: [Tigers] My newly 347 powered Tiger is on the road.

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My newly 347 powered Tiger is on the road.
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 14:17:44 -0400
sounds like cheap tires will be important for you :)

sometimes I run Toyo r888 - 225 45 16 on panasports.  when warm, your ribs
will break before traction does :)

if you want to stick period look at Dunlop rally tires in 185 70 13.
available in 3 compounds - the soft wears very fast on a tiger.  they grip
very well and the car is FAR more fun on high profile narrower tires.
personally I prefer these.  they are not cheap though.  they do a 195 too but
I prefer the 185 as it's more nimble and grips almost as well.

On May 8, 2011, at 13:44, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com> wrote:

> NICE, VERY nice Duke. I hate to admit to being envious, so I wont, even tho
I am.I just have to have a stroker engine. Maybe I won the lottery last night.
Duke I'm running 15" Minilite's but the dollar was worth more than the pound
back then. I think Dale has a deal worked out w/ Panasport. I think Jim
Morrison was running some 17" wheels but I don't know if the low profile tires
have a larger footprint than 15s or Panasport may even have a 16" by now.I
also don't know if you can buy directly from Panasport or have to buy them
from Dale. Others may know this. The total project was interesting from start
to finish. Thanks for all the pics and updates. I'm sure others will benefit
from your experiences.