[Tigers] TU VIP Guests at Queen Mary

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] TU VIP Guests at Queen Mary
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 16:02:17 -0700
Here's a list of some of our VIP guests who have confirmed they'll be
attending Tigers United in Long Beach on the Queen Mary:

Kerry Agapiou, while working for Ken Miles, helped build the "Miles
Prototype", later Shelby mechanic, crewed Shelby Tiger at Road America

Jack Balch, Foreman of Shelby American's race shop. He knows the real details
about the "Mystery 50's" engine woes.

Ron Dykes, drove the HSC Tiger to 2nd place in the 1966 runoffs.

Jim Marietta, crewed on the Ken Miles "Mystery 50" at Riverside in 1964

John Morton, member of the original Shelby American crew at the world's first
Tiger race at Tucson in April, 1964

Scooter Patrick, raced 904's for fun but what did he do for work? He sold
Sunbeams and knows what it was like to sell Tigers "back in the day"

Don Sesslar, won the 1964 SCCA National Championship for Rootes in a Sunbeam
Alpine. Drove the Shelby American Tiger in late 1964 and the Sports Car Forum
Tiger in 1965.

Cleo and Carroll Shelby  I wouldn't know where to start describing the guy
whose name was on the pay checks.

Ted Sutton chief crew for most of the Shelby American Tiger races but probably
better known for building the first 427 Cobra.

There will be a Friday night program at 7 pm in the Mauretania Room (our
Hospitality/Vendor's Suite), where a panel will discuss technical matters and
and answer various questions about maintaining and restoring a Tiger. (Dale A,
Tom Hall, Dan Walters and possibly Martha Christiansen.)

There will be a "Story Night" on Saturday beginning at 7pm where our VIP
guests will have a chance to share a few of their Tiger recollections from
back in the mid-sixties. A no host bar will be available on Saturday.

Both events are open to all Tigers United Registrants.

The event is over two weeks away and we already have 70 Sunbeams and 130
persons registered with more singing up every day.

for details see http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Buck Trippel

---

tigers@autox.team.net