[Tigers] Carpet Installation Question

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Carpet Installation Question
From: <e.coiner@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 15:04:40 -0700
I am installing carpet in my Mk1a Tiger.  There is a special place in hell for
the designer of the carpet snaps. But I digress.

Is the pedestal that the high beam switch mounts on mounted above or below the
carpet?

My previous carpet (that is not original) is draped over the pedestal. The
instructions in Dave Johnson's article on TU makes it sound like it is above.
I can't trust any of the previous installation, because they had the gas pedal
mount on top of the carpet.

I did come up with a quick way to make spacers for the carpet snap studs.  I
have some 3/8 fuel line tubing.  I cut short pieces with my tubing cutter.

Erich

tigers@autox.team.net