[Tigers] JH-Who is Best at Sleeving a Brake Master Cylinder? Not

To: Jensen List <JENSEN-cars@british-steel.org>, Tiger List
Subject: [Tigers] JH-Who is Best at Sleeving a Brake Master Cylinder? Not
From: <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:53:15 +0000
I'm working on replacing my old, tired, worn out brake booster and Master
Cylinder with aftermarket American made parts. Only issue is the smallest bore
on the Master Cylinder I want is 1" when the OE had a 3/4" bore. Since the OE
is NLA I thought I would buy a new 1" bore MC and have it sleeved to take a
Triumph TR6 internals so it will be easy to rebuild in the future and be close
to the same pressure as the OE. The TR6 is a 13/16" bore so it works fine from
what people have told me who have used them. I have a couple of questions: 1)
What is the difference between a shallow bore and deep bore MC and how would I
know which one I would need for my replacement?;and 2) Who would you recommend
to sleeve a brand new polished aluminum MC? I'm looking for a quality job that
is also done very carefully so not to damage the show quality housing. I am
aware there are some shops out there that have burned a few people so I would
like to hear about the best shops that I can trust.

TIA,
Dan Eiland

BTW-this is for a 1974 Jensen Healey, but I know a lot of my old friends from
the Tiger list are very knowledgeable on these kinds of subjects so I thought I
would see if anyone wanted to add their 2 cents.

tigers@autox.team.net