[Tigers] More Brake Calculations

To: Jensen List <JENSEN-cars@british-steel.org>, Tiger List
Subject: [Tigers] More Brake Calculations
From: <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:11:54 -0500
I've looked at the calculations and considered the 1" bore MC is probably just
not going to work. The calculated pressure at the disc is almost the same as
the OE brakes which would make the investment worthless. I am looking for good
looks and function and I think I can get a balance of the two if I go to the
Wilwood 7/8" MC, a dual diaphram booster and my 4 piston M16 Outlaw calipers on
my Jensen Healey. If my calculations are correct (and I am only using 100 psi
of leg pressure at the pedal for this comparison) my OE brakes would deliver
about 4068psi at the disc and the new set up would deliver about 4327psi at the
front disc. This would calculate to around 6-7% increase in brake pressure. Not
to much and not to little. With the added performance this should work.

Dan Eiland

tigers@autox.team.net