Re: [Tigers] Mounting points

To: George Re <mgman71@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mounting points
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 18:45:03 -0700
Well, George,

I think it would be a whole lot easier to R&R the engine (and tranny if
you want) from the top - with the hood removed. Removing the radiator
and shroud(s) would also help. And you don't need to jack up the front
of the car onto High, and sturdy jack stands. Although Jack stands may
add under-car guidance and guidance, in conjunction.

If you do not have sufficiently strong garage rafters for a chain hoist,
these are rent-able on wheels. and easier to guide in for the necessary
lateral and fore/aft adjustments.

Keep the fingers away from being squished when things are moving.

Ask me how I know, and I'll tell you about putting a Studebaker 6 in an
MG-TD - back when.

:-(

Steve

/Steve Laifman/