Re: [Tigers] Fwd: steering column rebuild

To: <BEAU2EVE@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fwd: steering column rebuild
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:53:52 -0400
Beau
        There is a picture of the steering column in the Shop Manual;
Section J, pg 4.
Shop Manual is online at TigersUnited.com if you don't have one.

I'm guessing that part #1, expander bolt, I call it the wedge has fallen off
the threaded rod.  The threaded rod should never come out so far that the
center cap doesn't fit.

I believe if you take the steering wheel off you can collapse the column and
push the threaded rod down to engage that wedge part and then pull it up
into position.   Once that is done the column should lock correctly into the
position you like.

Ron Fraser