Re: [Tigers] Tiger steering column problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger steering column problem
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:58:32 -0400 (EDT)
Does anyone have any experience with these adjustable column's. I  can't
stop mine from sliding up and down as I'm driving. If I tighten the  center
nut
more the shaft comes out so much that I can't put my center cap  on. But
she's  running sweet, sorry about that.

Beau
----------------
Beau,

I have rebuilt over 175 Tiger steering columns and you will probably have
to remove it from the car, turn it upside down and shake it.  Hopefully,
the center locking rod will "pop out" and you're in like Flynn.

It that doesn't work, you will have to "bang it" against your ceiling  to
persuade the pin to drop out of the muck and/or rust in the bottom  of the
shaft.

You're lucky: Alpine's use the same telescopic setup and it takes almost
two-days of work to R&R a column to do the same thing in an  Alpine.  In a
Tiger, its a one-hour R&R.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle

tigers@autox.team.net