Re: [Tigers] Vapor lock/fuel percolation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vapor lock/fuel percolation
From: "awtiger" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:54:11 -0500
Guys:

First of all, thanks a million for all the great suggestions I received while
working on the stalling problem with my Tiger.  As of last Saturday, it looks
like we might have it figured out.  I will be the first to admit, however,
that I'm not 100% sure it's totally fixed, but I'm sure enough to feel
comfortable getting it out for a drive.

As it turns out, it appears that it was, indeed, fuel percolation in the carb.
There were variables to the test drive, however.  The ambient air temp was
eighteen degrees lower than it was the day the car decided to quit running.  I
also drained all the old gas in case I had a load of bad fuel.  The main thing
I did, however, was to re-route the fuel line that feeds the carb.  I don't
have the original Ford carburetor metal fuel line on mine since I run a Holley
4 barrel, so I have to use rubber fuel hose.  I ended up lengthening the hose
and re-routing it away from the heater hoses as much as possible.  I also was
going to try a 1/4" carb spacer gasket but there's no room under the hood for
that (Edelbrock F4B, Holley 465 4 bbl and factory air cleaner).  Anyway, the
bottom line is that we took it out and drove the crap out of it, even letting
it sit for a few minutes during the drive to get really heat soaked, and it
never missed a beat.

So, bad gas?  Too much heat on the fuel line?  I'm not sure what it was, but
all I know is that the Tiger is back!!!!!!!  Thanks again for all the help and
I'll keep you posted on how it's going.

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK