Re: [Tigers] Windscreen washer tubing

To: "'Graham Harlowe'" <gharlowe@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windscreen washer tubing
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:40:52 -0400
Graham
        It took me awhile to get to this.   I just found some of the
original tubing; OD = .204", ID = 3/32.  This tubing could have easily
changed dimensions over the years but I would guess that the ends had to be
heated some to fit them.

        I also found that this tubing and the heater cable use the same
grommet.  The heater cable is .190" in diameter.   It therefore makes sense
that the tubing OD is around .200".

        I bought some Tygon tubing, R-3603, OD = 1/4", ID = 1/8", for my
Tiger and I made a grommet of some sort work at the firewall.  I have worked
on other Tigers that use a larger OD tubing with no grommet but the ID is
still small.

Hope that helps you

Ron Fraser