[Tigers] Exhaust fumes in cockpit

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Exhaust fumes in cockpit
From: "Ronak, T.P. (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@akzonobel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:25:13 +0200
The exhaust smell was corrected on my car after I sealed ALL of the holes in
the trunk area ... as the car moves down the road a vacuum is created behind
the car and it actually draws exhaust into ANY opening under the floor or in
the bumper locations. Given the better seal with the hard top the moment we
opend a window it created a vacuum in the cockpit and it literally sucked
exhaust from the ventilated openings in the rear area of the car. The only
solution is to completely seal the luggage compartment.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Senior Services Consultant
AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings NA
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo,  CA  92691
Ph: (949) 289-3357
Fx: (425) 955-6268