[Tigers] Wiring harness placement

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Wiring harness placement
From: "Tim Webster" <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:17:14 -0800
Listers,

Just finishing up the wiring on my Mark 1. I am a little puzzled at the
exact routing of the harness as it passes behind the dashboard. Is it meant
to travel over or under the dash support brackets? Over has to look better
but I would worry about chafing against the brackets. It also looks like the
new harness (from SS) has been given a bit of a v bend where it passes under
the left dash support bracket although that could be coincidental with
shipping and storage method.

I retrieved a mounting clip from the old harness midway between where the
rear harness joins it and the dash. It looks pretty original and I am
wondering if it is, where is it to be anchored? It would go a long way
towards elevating the unsightly wires.

Yes I know, I should have taken more pictures of this area before
disassembly. Problem with that is the elapsed 45 years and who knows how
many owners with their personal amazing "improvements".

Thanks,

Tim

tigers@autox.team.net