Re: [Tigers] Le Mans Tiger Gallery

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "Bill Rogers Motorsport Memories"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Le Mans Tiger Gallery
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:50:04 -0800
Back in the day, Scooter Patrick was one of the owners of PAM Autos in
Manhattan Beach, CA where they sold the entire Rootes line. (On the weekends
Scooter raced Otto Zipper's Porsche's.)  Scooter says the Tigers sold
themselves and his only limitation was getting Rootes to supply them. He has
said there was sort of a quota and that he'd  have to take so many Imps and
Alpines to before he could get one Tiger.

Like Mayf, Scooter thought the Coupe idea was a good one so he "fabbed" a
prototype from a production Tiger using something like an Astra(?)
fiberglass hard top (which I believe deleted the trunk lid) and equipped his
prototype with a lot of the go fast LAT options. Scooter submitted his
prototype to Rootes hoping that Rootes would put it into production. Again
Rootes rejected the idea.

To this day Scooter wonders what happened to his coupe/fastback prototype.
At this summer's TU at the Queen Mary he asked if anyone knew anything about
its subsequent history. No one there had any information. Anyone on the List
have any clues we can pass on to him?

bt