Re: [Tigers] Turn signal lever/horn switch

To: tigers@autox.team.net, BEAU2EVE@AOL.COM, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Turn signal lever/horn switch
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:54:11 -0500
Beau:

It's been a while since I replaced my original switch with the one that
has an extra position to use for the horn (or headlight flasher) but my
recollection is that the lever is used on the 140 series Volvo.  I
looked in my copy of CAT Notes and it says the same, so that is probably
where I found it, although I have the vague recollection that the home
market Alpines and Tigers had the switch with the extra position to
flash the headlamps.  Over the years, I have acquired several turn
signal switches, some which have failed and some which are good.  As is
my habit when I replace a part, I usually save it and place it in the
box the replacement came in.  I have two boxes in which I have several
turn signal assemblies.  The Lucas numbers on the boxes are 34981 and
34720.  In my parts manual, I found the number 34981 listed for the turn
signal assembly.  However, the description in the parts manual says,
"Direction Indicator and _Headlamp Flasher Switch_",  as if it is the
home market switch, so that may be the correct number for the switch
with the extra position, but I cannot be sure.  If you can locate the
two switches, you can compare to see which one has an extra wire.
Perhaps someone here can clarify.

Cheers,

Tod
B342002384LRXFE

P.S. Why did I just get several messages from the list with postings
from June and July?

tigers@autox.team.net