Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Storage

To: gharlowe@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Storage
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:26:07 -0800
Graham,

I was faced with a problem on storing a hard top.  The resolution(s) for
me was a home-made sling to hoist the hard top to the garage ceiling. I
purchased the a "sling", mounted on a manual winch rope attached to a
ceiling pulley.  Worked just fine.  As I recall, I got the sling at
Sunbeam Specialties.

I also got a electric lift and fitted cover for my Thunderbird's hard top.
Rafter attached, from,  Thunderbird Concepts (San Diego, CA) ) On Sale,
now, for $188 from $337:

http://www.thunderbirdconcepts.com/hardtop-cart.htm

and a Hardtop Dust Cover for top/cart.  I prefer the electric lift model:

http://www.thunderbirdconcepts.com/hoist.htm

High quality stuff.  With a little fitting, it can lift a Tiger Hardtop,
as - but nowhere as expensive as the manual pulley system

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>