Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam History

To: Bob H <tgrrr@meadowcrk.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam History
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 23:55:34 +0000 (UTC)
Bob, great reading this. Thanks for sharing! I was mostly unaware of this rich
heritage of Sunbeam.

Interesting comment at the end: "In July 1935 S.T.D. was purchased by Rootes
Securities, who had no interest in high quality cars, only volume production."

I am guessing Rootes Securities must have been investment bankers. We can all
read into that what we choose. At least the company survived for another 30
years and gave us our beloved Tigers!

Gene