Re: [Tigers] F1 GP Melbourne Sunbeams

To: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>, "Tiger's List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] F1 GP Melbourne Sunbeams
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:35:35 -0400
Hi Wally!
Good for you!  It should be great fun.  I've been watching F1 for years and
you are right, the only bit I've ever seen of the driver parade is maybe a
few seconds edited into the opening sequence when the broadcast opens.

Last June at a car show here near Boston I saw an A-H 3000 with MSC's name
across the top of the windshield.  Talking to the owner, it seems that his
A-H club was enlisted for similar duties at the Montreal GP the previous
week.  So It must be a tradition.  I was at Watkins Glen for the GP in '72,
and they all went around in Corvettes, some the current model.   Makes sense
to have a neutral marque, though.  We can't have Mercedes drivers being
carted around in Ferraris, can we?  Though having just watched qualifying,
perhaps the Ferrari drivers wouldn't mind a Mercedes ride.

Stu