Re: [Tigers] false floor brackets

To: <dave@munroe.ca>, "'Bill Martin'" <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>, <rande@thecia.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] false floor brackets
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 09:59:50 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Dave/all
        I have an Alpine FF in front of me; at its widest point it is 19
1/4".  The Tiger FF panel will be a couple inches narrower.

Alpine FF panel description:

There are 2 "L" brackets at the bottom edge with Tinnerman clips and sheet
metal screws.  The "L" brackets each have 3 holes where it meets the floor;
one position on this piece looks like it has a very corroded pop rivet
remains lodged there.  The base of the "L" bracket is 2.8" wide and about
1.4" tall.

The back side top edge of the panel has 2 "U" shaped brackets spot welded to
the panel and they each have a 3/8" hole which I believe should have a
rubber bumper there, floor supports.

There are also 2 carpet snaps riveted near the top front side of the panel.

Question

Do the RHD Tigers have a mirror image of this panel or is it not install for
more leg room??

Ron Fraser