Re: [Tigers] cam gear

To: "tigers@Autox.Team.Net" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] cam gear
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:41:26 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
I just had a look on Summit Racing's website and they have a 'cam change pro
kit' which has the gaskets AND a double-roller steel timing chain and gear
set, for $93. Pretty cheap insurance. The double-roller chain is considered a
performance upgrade (which would imply there is some kind of longevity or
noise tradeoff?), but I don't think that there is any downside to using the
double roller chain other than cost - and that's pretty minimal compared to a
rebuild or any other significant engine work.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.