[Tigers] Tigers United archives

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers United archives
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:49:16 -0400
Cc: alpines@autox.team.net
A couple of things: Stu, right on. Dave Munroe reminded me this is the same
fella in Meredith, NH that is probably more renown? for rebuilding Rootes brake
boosters. Just a thought, but maybe a Spring or Summer tour to his place would
be a good regional TEAE trip, hint-hint.

In the olden days, like 15 years, we had C.A.T Shop Notes and TEAE
Sunbeam Survivor to archive the tech tips that appeared in the monthly
newsletters.

Welcome to the internet, where just one tip about a distributor problem can
bring maybe 10-15 replies in one 24 hour period, that as of last night, were
still coming. This is a job for (other than Superman) a paid archivist and/or
all of us with either reams of paper or unlimited memory in our laptops. While
we're continuing to support the Mark Bradakis Fund, we may need to establish
the Jay Laifman Fund as well if he's going to take this on.

Last point. One of the things that are a big help about eBay to me are the
pictures
of Sunbeam parts offered, as a tool for assembling our cars i.e. things that
aren't in Rick or Curt's catalogue or found in the Rootes parts catalogue. In
the worst case, when you're not sure if the eBay part is an Alpine or Tiger
part, you can pass the photo along to someone with more experience who can tell
you. It's a huge resource.