Re: [Tigers] Two Questions

To: "'Jim'" <jimmc13@hughes.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Two Questions
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:18:11 -0400
Jim
        To me your description of the hole in the trunk is vague and
unfortunately the List does not support pictures.  Send me a picture and I
will see what info I can give you.

Here is the email AAAGLASS sent on INOX; Google INOX LUBE for more info.

INOX works well on screws that have been together 40 + years and heating
the screws also helps. Small butane torch works. If you have an area you
need
to  get a screw out but butane might damage paint or uph, use soldering
iron to heat  head of screw.  Glass shops use release agent to help loosen
grip
of  packing tape that holds vent to channel.  HTH

_http://www.spraywayinc.com/products.php?id=958_
(http://www.spraywayinc.com/products.php?id=958)

Over a year ago John Logan sent a report from Machinist Handbook stating the
50/50 mix of ATF(automatic transmission fluid) and Acetone was the best
penetrating oil according to a std test they ran on several products.   I
have used straight ATF with excellent results and recommend it.  New or used
ATF seem to make no difference.

        Original Tiger Engine Study
If you have the original engine I hope you are willing to participate in my
Study.   The majority of the numbers are visible and the ones that are not I
note that and do not expect them unless the engine is torn down.

I'm also look for information about the early B19KC engine group, the ones
built in the spring of 1965 painted black. Anyone?

Contact me off list about the engine study.

Ron Fraser