[Tigers] Eggcrate grilles on Cobra

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Eggcrate grilles on Cobra
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:05:21 -0400
Cc: alpines@autox.team.net
I just awarded the gold star for the source of the Mark II grille idea to
Michael
King (OK, substitute guess for gold star, if you must), and I forwarded photos
to both Michael and Jerry, but can't put them on the Tiger autox user group.

For a photo of the Harrington demo/auto show car, look for the book Alpine -
The Classic Sunbeam by Chris McGovern. For a photo of the Harrington LeMans
ordered by Prince William of Gloucester, go to the book Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger
- The Complete Story by Graham Robson.

My understanding is that these two Harrington LeMans examples were the only
two to be fitted with the eggcrate grille option originally, even though as
Michael wrote, anyone ordering a LeMans could have gotten this grille.

Also, as IIRC Mark Laifman wrote, a type of eggcrate grille was standard on
the leaf spring Cobra (AC/Shelby Cobra 289) throughout production.