Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] voltage regulator

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, Tiger e-mail List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] voltage regulator
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:22:41 -0700
On 4/6/2012 2:24 PM,  Ron Fraser wrote:
> All
>       Sunbeam Specialties lists them and I'm sure the other Sunbeam
> dealers do too.  I believe the instrument voltage regulator is a common part
> or the same part for all British cars.   Somewhere I saw an upgraded
> electronic voltage regulator; possible Moss Motors.

Theo Smit on the list (Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>)
manufactures, and we both distribute a solid state 10 instrument
regulator that replaces the OEM vibrating regulator.  Cost is about $45
at this time.  We added a new feature in an LED that lights up when the
input system voltage drops below about 12.5 volts.  Since many people
are adding one wire alternators, this makes the wiring less
complicated.  The LED simply pokes into the Red bezel on the dash board,
and the one wire alternator really is.

--
Tom Hall, modtiger@comcast.net
ModTiger Engineering LLC