[Tigers] Standard vs. GT Interior

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Standard vs. GT Interior
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 10:24:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: onegonefish@comcast.net, todbrown@roadrunner.com
Hello,

I want to admit making a very expensive mistake, and in doing so, help
others avoid this thoughtless error. My intention was to re-chrome the
chrome-plated pot-metal 'finishers' just below the non-opening vent window  on
the
doors. To this end, I found two vent window assemblies on E-Bay and
dis-assembled them, stripping off the "finishers". Off to the platters they
went.
Tiger was still in storage. Got the Tiger back from winter  storage last
week-end.
    I had Good Friday off from work, and started the  re-assembly of the
freshly plated "finishers" on my vent windows.  Surprise, Surprise. The
"finishers" I had plated were too short, top to bottom,  and shaped slightly
differently.
    Went to the parts list and what I had plated were  the "Standard"
"Finisher" part numbers
 2217291 and 2217192.  Our Tigers have the "GT" interior  with "Finisher"
part numbers 2217196 & 2217197.
    The best laid plans....
    All that for nothing.  Make sure with interior  parts you don't make a
similar error.
    Anybody have an Alpine that has grotty  "finishers"? I have two
beautifully chromed ones surplus to my  requirements....

    Duh!

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A
382002083