Re: [Tigers] [Land-speed] OFF Topic: Desk Top Computer Question Involvin

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [Land-speed] OFF Topic: Desk Top Computer Question Involving a Farkled Win XP Pro OS
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 07:09:19 -0700
Cc: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, tweecer@yahoogroups.com, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Ya'll remember this? An update: I have actually repaired the computer
ans i is fully functional again! It was not easy at all.  In on eof he
trouble shooting steps I went through, I had started the computer in the
safe mode.  for some reason it had given me three days to activate the
installation of XP. The it ceased responding to anything. Cannot
activate if in Safe Mode.  Cannot activate it on line if you cannot get
past the dead activation. After long searched, I found a sequence which
let me reset the activation back to 30 days.  Many steps involved to do
that.  But I was able to finally restart in safe mode with no issues and
I did that in the command mode which will run the cd drive.  I then put
the Win XP Pro disk in and it started and ran.  I had it try and do a
recovery console repair but it needed a reinstall. So I did that but
wihout over writing the old installation.  I used a new windows file
folder name for the install and it worked very well.  I now have all of
my old files, desk top, etc. working again. I did have to reinstall my
Norton anti virus but that went ok as well.  I am actually amazed,
lol... I had o reinstall all the updates but that is also done now.
Life is good!   But, what a chore!

Thanks to everyone who helped. I finally found the answer buried in MS
on one of their self help forums.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.