[Tigers] the 'which Sunbeam is it?' photo

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] the 'which Sunbeam is it?' photo
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:47:10 -0400
Cc: alpines@autox.team.net
snip ... So what is the fascination with this particular photo?  Do you know
the folks?
Or are you really after that classic Sears Lawn Master mower?  :) ...'

No, but you're close. It's those classic folding lawn chairs. Got any idea what
those go for in a retro store today?

That's the B answer. The A answer is that which model car this was has bugged
me for years, more so after I saw Dana Freeman's Tiger back again in 1988 and
after I bought my own car the next year. And, each time I would try to find
out more, something else would come up and I would have to drop the search.
This weekend, I unearthed the NY Times photo and tried again.

If Norm is correct, the car is a Tiger Mk II more recently housed in Castro
Valley, west of the Livermore location from the original photo. In the Book
of Norman, the color as of Jan. 1977
is listed as blue (The license plate number in the photo matches the entry in
the BON). If it hasn't changed color, my best guess is Mediterranean Blue, based
on the light color in the photo. And the owners were still members of STOA as
of 2000, the latest roster that I have shows.

This has turned into the Rootes version of History Detectives. Thanks to all
so far who've helped me.