Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 171

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 171
From: "James W. Burruss, Jr." <cburruss@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:56:33 -0500
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
I believe Shelby was the honorary race marshal for the Runoffs that year.
I'm not an autograph collector, but when it was announced that he would be
signing autographs, I decided to get in line.  All I had was a 3x5 sheet of
paper.  As he autographed it, I mentioned that my son and I both own Tigers;
but he said nothing and seemed distracted.  Perhaps he was tired, but a
response would have been nice.

Jim Burruss