Re: [Tigers] Alger?????

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger?????
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:58:42 -0700
Lots of stuff that makes me cringe, but nothing that out-and-out says
"Alger".
In fact, the VIN plate looks to be attached with OEM rivets (I could be
wrong there... best get it TAC'ed to be sure) and you can see the
factory green under the peeling red paint.
Other than the fan shroud it even appears to have most of the things
that people spend a lot of time digging for, such as the oil filter
mount, the air cleaner, and the heater control valve.
You can see by the carpet wear mark in the trunk that it looks like the
spare tire mount is actually there - they're just not using it.
Also the visible stuff on the underside of the chassis seems to be
mostly in correct order... notwithstanding the non-removable exhaust system.

It will be interesting to see where the bidding goes on this. It would
take a whole bunch of work to make 'nice' even assuming that there
wasn't a boatload of body filler hiding rust or other damage. The
fenders appear to be rolled but that could be just the lighting in the
pictures.

Theo