Re: [Tigers] Tiger Torque Arms

To: Theo.Smit@dynastream.com, tigers@autox.team.net, spmdr@juno.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Torque Arms
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:20:44 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: MWood24020
I wonder about the trade offs in braking with the torque arm in our
application?

Seems that using the right leaf spring design could save weight, time and
$$, if preventing axle wind up is the primary objective. But, my direct
Tiger  experience is limited to stock leafs w/an extra primary and bolt-on
Traction  Masters...very old school. My experience with torque arms is limited
 autocross laps in Tigers so fitted and my impression was good forward
bite,  pretty poor braking, particularly in trail.

This is a great topic, however, as I am contemplating changes in the rear
suspension, prior to finishing my car!

In a message dated 2/8/2013 12:30:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,