Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?

To: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:38:44 -0800 (PST)
Take a look at the afco racing catalog circle track / dirt track racing books
and you will find out what these guys are doing to solve the problem and some
pit falls.

I know the likes of the GT350 Shelby folks use a spring loaded
system that works
one way solid, the other way spring loaded. This connects
to the top of the 9"
and ties back forward like the center like torque arm, I
have one of these but
have never needed it with the current set of springs on
my car.

Cobra automotive sells them, but they are just an AFCO part with a
nice set of
plates to weld up on the 9" housing. They also make a set of
spring loaded
over/under ride bars that eliminate some of the problems that
the rigid traction
master bar has. This is something I would look at to see
if it could help with
and replace the stock style bars. I like the idea
behind them but have no
practial experience on how the car drives

I have not
looked that much of the physics of the matter just looking at the
circle/dirt
track guys and some of the mechanisms they use to solve the problem,
but I
would take a look at Herb Adams Suspension book they have a lot of
different
rear suspension and in very simple terms how they work. I would, in
any case,
look at starting with a leaf spring then working from that. That is
unless
someone as stuffed a T-Bird IRS under a Tiger :)

Check AFCO Racing site and
catalog, they have some great parts that solve some
interesting problems
Sandy

[Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?

I've been thinking about the
Torque Arm Impact to breaking.

[snip]