[Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?

To: aaaglasss@aol.com
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:27:01 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Lee asked which finish is the correct 'pentastar' for the Tiger and Alpine.
My old recolllection is that it's a faded gold with the black lines at the
bottom
of each star arm.

Again, this is solely my recollection, and it may be confused with the
pentastars
on the American-built Chrysler cars, but the one which looks closest on eBay
is an NOS part listed by seller
"retiredfirechief" under the search 'Chrysler Pentastar'. If I have any
immediate
doubts about this one, it's that the seller describes it as measuring one inch
across, and from memory that seems a little two large.

It would be swell if someone with what they feel is an original pentastar could
at least measure theres to confirm the width, and extra points would be given
for whether it has similar attaching studs to the eBay part and whether it has
a black vinyl/rubber gasket behnd it.

I know I'm going to get a little pushback from two factions: the
"I've seen a lot of useless trivia on this site, but this..."crowd and the "I
just got home from hospital for back surgery, and you want me to bend down and
look at that badge...I'll never get up" crowd.

Rande