Re: [Tigers] seat belt anchors

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] seat belt anchors
From: "michael@michaelshortt.com" <michaelsavga@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:42:11 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
I can only tell you what I have used in racing cars.
The bolt thread length should go through the sheet metal, fasteners and the
nuts with a few threads left exposed, maybe three.
What is most important, especially if using the floor pan as the sheet
metal is a series of progressively larger  washers to help spread the load
( should it ever happen) over the widest possible area.
More ideally, you should mount to other structures like a cross member or
roll cage for the safest mounting.

I have seen poorly mounted belt anchors rip right through thin floor pans
when not using progressively larger washers.

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia