Re: [Tigers] doors

To: kevin beck <kevinteresa.beck74@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] doors
From: "michael@michaelshortt.com" <michaelsavga@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:01:07 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Don't know about Tigers specifically, but sagging doors are common on old
cars, there are various fixes.

1. Many hinges can be adjusted.
2. Some hinges have brass/bronze bushings in them that wear out, these are
like collars that the door pins go thru.
3. You can use brute force and place a piece of wood under the last 12" of
a wide open door and use a floor jack to "adjust" it back up ( lots of
little pumps and check fit it between all of them).

I'm sure others may have a better answer for you, I have used all three
solutions above on various doors.

Michael Shortt