Re: [Tigers] White paint - Non Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] White paint - Non Tiger
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:31:00 -0700
Yes, I have seen the same thing (peeling paint, with primer intact) and yes,
it seems more prevalent on white vehicles of varying brands. I notice it
mostly on trucks and vans in the late 90's to early new millennium. I've
been told (but am no expert myself) that the problem is the water based
paints they use.  I'm also told water based paint is the cause of much of
the peeling clear coat too.  Tom