Re: [Tigers] Carburator\Vacumn question

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carburator\Vacumn question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 14:49:10 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
The carburetor doesn't need vacuum, it creates it - there should be a port on
one side of the primary throttle plates for the distributor vacuum. This will
be sized for 1/8 to 5/32 rubber line. The larger port on the intake manifold
runner is suitable for the brake booster.

The distributor port on the carb is ported so that it gives a strong vacuum
signal at low to part throttle, but very little at idle and none at wide open
throttle. If, for some reason, your carb doesn't have any vacuum port for the
distributor then you can either leave the distributor disconnected (which will
hurt your street driving fuel economy) or just connect it to the intake
manifold runner via a T fitting.

Having headers generally means you need to provide a manual or electric choke
hookup.

While the dual point distributor may be correct for the HiPo motor, the
Pertronix distributor will do the job better and give you vacuum advance as a
bonus. I'd keep the old distributor on the shelf just in case you sometime
find the parts and need to build a showpiece, but otherwise run the electronic
distributor because it will work better and doesn't require adjustment.

Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.