Re: [Tigers] Spring startup

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>, Jeff Holt <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Spring startup
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:00:37 -0400
Yep, Jeff...I agree with some of the other guys that the fault is more than
likely in your ballast resistor.  I have had this problem with my Tiger before
and, upon inspection, found one of the two wires going to the resistor loose
inside it's terminal.  I tightened it up and have not had the problem since.

I also had a good friend who had this same thing happen to him on his Tiger
while we were at the Texas Shelby Meet back in the '80s.  As it turned out, his
ballast resistor had gone bad and shorted out inside.  He got the car home by
connecting the two wires together and bypassing the resistor.  It'll run like
that, but it will fry the points in the distributor fairly quickly.

Best of luck,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE