Re: [Tigers] Lucas gremlins

To: "pldflyer@aol.com" <pldflyer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lucas gremlins
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:27:45 -0600
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Your gauges are not grounded properly. So, When the lights are off the tach
uses the lightbulb filament as its ground path. When you turn on the lights,
that 'ground' goes to 12 volts and your tach has nothing left to run on.

So check the black daisy-chain wires on all the gauges. They have to actually
tie to the chassis somewhere. Then, check all your lighting grounds... Usually
the wiring gets gradually worse as an assembly, so if something in the wiring
goes awry it's a sign that you should check everything.
The non-charging is probably not directly related to the tach behavior...
Depending on when the gen was last rebuilt, it's probably time to check it
out.

Theo