Re: [Tigers] Brakes

To: John Stithem <mai65tai@sonic.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 22:37:39 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Hi John,
On mine I split the front line at the left front crossmember to frame mount
and I have a crossover pipe running to the right in the standard place on the
crossmember. The rear line follows the standard routing but I split it at the
rear bulkhead (just ahead of where the fuel pump mounts on the Mk1/Mk1A) and
then run hard line to just ahead of the rear axle and then have a flex line
going to each caliper (I also have rear disc brakes). A more conventional
setup would be to run a single hard line to the rear, flex line to the axle, a
splitter on the axle tube and then separate lines running to each rear drum.

I have a microswitch actuated off the brake pedal arm to activate the brake
lights. I used a switch I got at Radio Shack but you'd do better with a proper
automotive brake switch that you can get at the autowreckers.

Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.