Re: [Tigers] Dales AMC 5 speed conversion

To: "'Tony Lang'" <achd73@yahoo.com>, "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dales AMC 5 speed conversion
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 16:25:40 -0400
Tony
        I only have experience with the Ford Mustang 5 speed.

        If the AMC is similar then the shift rail is internal and the
shifter has 2 bolts that attach it to the shift linkage.  I experienced one
Mustang that lost the lower shifter bolt and it became difficult to find a
gear.  You need Loctite on those bolts.

        There is a plate that holes the shift linkage to the trans.  The
bolts on that plate need to be tight or the plate could lift and the shift
linkage will loose contact with the shift rail.

Again I don't know if any of this applies to the AMC 5 speed.

Ron Fraser