Re: [Tigers] Water Pumps and Timing Covers

To: "genepadgett@comcast.net" <genepadgett@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water Pumps and Timing Covers
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:23:27 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Gene,
I looked at a couple higher flow aluminum pumps, the FlowKooler one addresses
the need for higher flow at low RPM without cavitation at higher RPM. Since I
am naturally a cynic, as most engineers are, when it comes to performance
claims and other snake oils, I read their tech page (they presented a
reasonably argument for their cause) and read several on-line forum reviews
which trended positive.

http://www.flowkoolerwaterpumps.com/tech_support.html

The pump comes with a thick gasket, you cannot use a generic one as the
impeller will contact the cover. So far this pump seems to be adequate,
although I have not done a proper DoE (Design of Experiments) by trying the $26
Cardone pump from Rock Auto, so I cannot say if the FlowKooler is superior. The
car seems to idle in 80+ heat without issue but Ibm still sorting out some
heat soak problems. Webll see as summer progresses.

I donbt have any experience with the Fairmont pulley.

Bugz