Re: [Tigers] Brake Caliper split seals for Tiger - FYI

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>, Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Caliper split seals for Tiger - FYI
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:18:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Jay

The seal between the caliper halfs.  This was the only way I could get the
caliper pistons out.  Asking for trouble, oh yes - found it.  One is leaking
after reassembly, so getting new seals and some red grease (Girling) clean
again with new seal on the leaking left side and try again ensuring absolute
cleanliness and orientation, then torquing the 3/8" bolts, I think, to 55
pounds.

Unless I am still out in left field on my approach?

Regards
Joel Martin