[Tigers] Hood release

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Hood release
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:42:38 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: CoolVT
Okay, a question/survey.............some cars came with a cable to  release
the hood and others with a rod.  I have heard that the MK1's came  with a
rod and everything after came with a cable.
When I got my MK1A over 20 yrs. ago it came with a rod.  It's  hard to
believe that the cable had been switched for a rod because just about  nothing
on the car had been changed.  It was as original as you could  find.  On Ebay
there is a rod for sale that is claimed to come from a  MK1A.....   Item
#251292299850  .
So, the question is, did anyone else have an original MK 1A   or MK11 that
came with a rod rather than a cable?
Mark L