[Tigers] Mk 11 Sleeping Rip Van Winkle car

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Mk 11 Sleeping Rip Van Winkle car
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:54:44 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: Rollright
Hello,

My notes:

1)  re-line the rear brake shoes. Modern shoes don't fit really well  (I
threw my old ones out. Duh...)

2) plan on sending your brake Servo out to be rebuilt. I had mine done
after trying several  times.
    I still screwed it up. Pro did it right. Guy in NH  or Bill Munroe in CA

3) check your cam drive gear to make sure yours has iron/steel
construction. Older ones had nylon teeth
    and it took out my engine. CHECK YOURS !

4)  Think about what new tires you want. 13's are original, but there  are
wider choices with 14's and 15's
      You'll get lots of opinions here.

5)  Plan on a better fan and for the $ 100 it takes, get the new alum.
pulley to spin it faster.

6)  Clean out your gas tanks, fuel system and change the  points on your
fuel pump. Replace fuel filters. Do it
     right so you don't have flaking paint for  eons in the fuel system.

7) Go through all your grounds. Think about a new battery. You've got some
time but think out direction.

Hope this helps. More later

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A