Re: [Tigers] FW: OEM vs Wilwood brake performance

To: "Robert D. Hogan" <robertdhogan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: OEM vs Wilwood brake performance
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:40:19 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I'm sure someone mentioned this in this discussion but the point of 'big
brakes' is not to stop quicker but to stop more times without brake fade
due to heat.   The vast majority of road drivers would never experience
this as there are not many roads around that can accommodate such
aggressive driving outside of competition.

Since you can easily lock the front wheels with stock brakes (even with
245 toyo r888s), bigger brakes won't help you stop quicker.

The biggest factor in the stopping that you can control is the size and
compound of the tires.