[Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:38:40 -0400
 Tiger Trivia and facts plus I'm just curious

I noticed something interesting recently.

The stock Tiger distributor vacuum hard line only has a Rootes part number;
1224812.
There is no Ford part number listed.   This leads me to believe that Rootes
either made a new line or they modified the Ford part.

My theory is Rootes modified the Ford part.  The questions are did they and
by how much?
It's not impossible that Ford modified this part for Rootes but I would
expect a Ford part number attached to the part in that case.

Anyone have a known stock original Tiger engine distributor vacuum line?

Anyone have a stock Ford distributor vacuum line; I believe the C5ZZ part is
the one available now?

Anyone who went to England and the Archive - did you see this part drawing?

I did some very rough estimates of the difference between stock Ford and
Tiger pictures and found a Max difference of 1/2" shorter for the Tiger at
the distributor end.

I'm not sure the best way to measure this.   Maybe mark the middle of the
bend and use a wire form from the nut to the mark. (?)

Unfortunately I can not find where I squirreled away the hard line I did
have on my Tiger so I can't measure it.   I'll have to look deeper.

Ron Fraser