Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

To: "'David or Gary Franchi'" <wwwdg@webtv.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:36:59 -0400
David
        You maybe totally correct that there was no service part and that is
why Rootes listed no Ford part number.
As I have stated I was curious so I dug into this issue to see what I could
find.

There are 2 styles of this vacuum line; early style has a taller and narrow
vertical loop, later style, made for the Mustang, has a shorter and wider
vertical loop.  The change in styles happened in 1964.

I have pictures of both styles on Tiger engines.  To me the pictures of the
stock Ford line look different than the pictures of the stock Tiger line.
This is not the best way to judge them but is what I have on hand.

I purchase a new vacuum line, later style - length = 26 3/8" but I have no
idea how correct it is.

I installed this later style vacuum line on my engine and checked the
clearance to the Bonnet - 2".  I suspect the early style line would have
about an inch of clearance.

Reported length of the Tiger line - 25" from 3 replies to my question.

I bent a 27" length of tubing similar to the new vacuum line I purchased,
except I put a larger radius bend at the distributor as shown in pictures,
then cut it to tuck it in along the coil and for clearance to the radiator
hose.

Tube length = 25"

Ron Fraser