Re: [Tigers] Brake Pads - Non Tiger

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net>, Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Pads - Non Tiger
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
Not sure if anything better the stock, but I have run them on my wifes SUV and
they seem to not make as much dirt on the rims. Other then that, hard to say
from my limited use if they last longer or stop better. I do know that the
carbon version that are around for passenger cars (I forget the brand) did
make a noticeable difference on my Diesel excursion when I switch from regular
stock pads. I have a set of the autozone lifetime ceramic pads sitting on the
shelf for the excursion when the carbon pads wear out, if you want to wait a
few months I'll let you know ;)

On thing I can say for sure is that autozone
rotors are not very good, gone through a few sets on different cars and they
seem to be 'soft' metal vs. stock or quality parts, so much so that I always
figure to toss the rotors when I change the pads. They are inexpensive and
almost a wash to have them turned.

Sandy